Recently, the question has become frequent as the researchers show positive approach towards augmented reality. The AR seems like a magical world. It makes everything live and gives the humans a relief from the routine life. The business is gratifying more towards the Augmentation reality because of its enchanting effect to bring everything into life.
What is an Augmented Reality?
Augmented reality is a software development kit that has been widely accepted by the business because of its positive response. From gaming to engineering, real estate, fashion stores, cosmetics, augmented reality is being implemented in various fields. The app is able to present every factual data with an engaging content. It has made the interactivity quite easier.
The augmented reality is a technology that has changed the way a business interacts with its consumers. The technology is worthy of changing the enlivenment into a digital interface. An app works by placing the virtual objects in real time. The virtual object may be a Pokemon cartoon or a fast driving car, a changing makeover or the design of clothes.
The augmented reality apps rates worldwide
Below are the estimated rates that are charged for augmented reality apps by the expert app developers. The rates differ largely from region to region. It completely depends on the size of the augmented reality app. The company that hires developer first has to decide the features of the app on which the rates depend. The below-mentioned rates are shown for American, European and Asia-Pacific Regions-
- South America – up to $75 per hour
- Western Europe – up to $200 per hour
- Asia – $50 per hour
- Australia- up to $170 per hour
- South America – up to $150 per hour
Usually, the rates of the app differ from $10 to $200 per hour. The rates not only differ with the size of the app. In addition, the price variance also depends on the experience of the developer.
Estimation of the App cost
The AR app cost can be estimated as per the following segments-
- The infrastructure such as the data storage, encryption, scalability, setup and basic controls.
- The design that includes animation, visual designing, 3D graphic model, Wireframe creation, UI/UX design
- Customization according to the features, the size, and the app store
- The cost of a standard Augmented Reality app will cost around $3000 if the company uses standard features.
Features that make the AR App
As disused earlier, the company must foremost decide on the features of the app before finalizing the rate. Below are the important features that make up an augmented reality app-
Usually, all the smartphones are packed with Gyroscope features. They support the gyroscopic capabilities and thus they can support the Gyroscope AR. Vortex Planetarium- Astronomy is one example of a gyroscopic app that uses the gyroscope to place planets, costel stellar, stars, and other planets.
Most of the augmented reality apps are based on markers. The marker of a device captures the object that results in the augmented reality objects of the app being triggered. The object may be a game protagonist, a virtual lying of engineering or anything particular. The marker comes in form of QR code, icons, cards, images, movies or page of a magazine.
Many location blades AR blend the location features to provide the functionalities. These devices use GPS data, compass or Wi-Fi to create AR reality contents. In simpler words, this attribute takes the benefit of the smartphone’s location detector features. Usually, a traveling app uses these features to guide the travelers from their location to the destination.
The outlining AR uses the object recognition features to augment the reality. For example, it reads the boundaries of the road when you are parking your car in dark places. It can also be used in engineering and architectural fields to outline boundaries and pillars for construction.
Superimposition AR is a technology that replaces the entire object or just a portion for an augmented view. This is useful in the medical field such as to superimpose the X-ray to check a part of the broken leg or a damaged cell. It gives a clear understanding of the augmented part. They are useful in hospitals, diagnostic centers, and play apps as well.
Some common features of augmented reality
Apart from the above important features, some other features can be added for developing an augmented reality app. Some of the other common features include-
- Social sharing and push notification features for user engagement.
- For the logging-in purpose, the app uses email verification, social media login and password build-up features.
- Integrating the payment gateways to make payments on the in-app purchases and this feature can also be used for making payments for subscriptions as well.
- Access photo gallery for uploads or social media.
- Accessing contacts for payment or group messaging app services
- Chat supports
- Analytics tools
- Device hardware and other feature usages
- Multi-language support
- Establishing automatic sync between desktop, mobiles, tablets and other digital devices
- Third party API integration services
The above-mentioned feature raises the cost of developing an augmented reality mobile app and therefore, the business must evaluate each of them, so as to make the decision that whether they require adding all the features or whether their app will work just fine with the limited set of features plus will those features will be addressing the core idea of the app as well.